It’s that time of year again where we look at our favourite banh mi places in Adelaide. With the rise in popularity of Vietnamese street food, banh mi is readily accessible just about where ever you go. There are a few new entries in the top 25 this year with the overall quality improving.
How do we rate a good banh mi? We judge by the following:
- Do they use pate and egg mayonnaise?
- Is the roast pork too fatty? Is it well seasoned? Is the skin perfectly crunchy?
- Do they add fresh coriander, cucumber and fresh chilli?
- Are the pickled daikon and carrots sweet and tangy?
- Are they generous with the fillings?
- Is the bread roll fresh and crusty?
- Is it worth the price that you’re paying?
It is important to note that experiences may vary, and I can only go by what I had on the day.
Below are my top 25 for 2015
4. Nhu Lan
5. Hang Bakery
6. Sit Lo
14. Jarn Leva
16. Thu Nguyen
17. Cha Phu Xuong
18. Tay Do
19. Yummy Banh Mi
20. Tin Bin Bo
21. Cafe Saba
22. Banh Mi Cafe
25. Bunme .Co