In this day and age, we live in a time poor society. As we spend most of our day at work, we want to be able to prepare something quick and simple when we get home.
One of my favourite recipes is Luv-a-Duck Red Curry Duck Legs with Green Papaya Salad. I prefer Luv-a-Duck because they use Australian grown ducks, and their products contain no artificial colours or flavours, and are gluten free. The duck legs have already been slow cooked and marinated in a flavourful spiced coconut, red duck curry. All the hard work as been done for you! Simply whack the duck into the oven for 15 minutes and combine all the ingredients for the Green Papaya Salad. That’s it!
1 Luv-a-Duck Red Curry Duck Legs 500g
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 long red chilli, sliced thinly
1/2 green papaya, shredded
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups bean sprouts, trimmed
2 tablespoons fresh mint
2 tablespoons fresh coriander
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C.
2. Remove duck from pack and place skin side up on a lined baking tray or dish.
3. Bake for 15 minutes (cooking times may vary).
4. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
5. Combine the brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and chilli into a bowl, and stir to dissolve the sugar.
6. Place the remaining ingredients into a separate bowl.
7. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
This recipe has been made so much simpler with the use of Luv-a-Duck duck legs, and it’s something the whole family will enjoy. The Luv-a-Duck duck legs are also available as Confit and Peking flavoured. These are available at Coles, Woolworths and all good supermarkets.