We can’t emphasise enough how important it is to use the finest ingredients in this recipe. When we shop for ingredients, we look no further than Aussie Farmers Direct, an online service that delivers mouth-watering Australian produce and household staples direct to your door. The food is fresh and 100% Australian guaranteed. Unlike many products in supermarkets, the products here are not processed overseas. By shopping from Aussie Farmers Direct, you’re supporting great farmers, producers and small businesses in Australia.
For this recipe, we selected the Chorizo, Semi Dried Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese from the Aussie Farmers Direct Easter special grocery products.
– 380g Chorizo
– 200g Semi Dried Tomatoes
– 1/4 Large Onion
– 2 Green Chillies
– 250g Alba Mozzarella Pear
– 170g King Island Cheddar Wedge
– Puff Pastry
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Snip the ends off the chorizo and remove chorizo from the casing.
3. Put some oil into a pan, heat it up and squeeze the chorizo out of the casing.
4. Saute the chorizo until browned.
5. Chop the sundried tomatoes into smaller pieces.
6. Chop up the onions, saute in a little oil and then add to the chorizo mixture.
7. Finely chop the green chillies and add to the mix.
8. Crumble the mozzarella into smaller pieces.
9. Grate the cheddar cheese.
10. Flour your work surface and lay out a sheet of puff pastry.
11. Use a rolling pin to roll out the pastry until you have a rectangular shape.
12. Leave some space along the edges, put down the crumbled mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes.
13. Add the chorizo, onion and chillies mixture.
14. Top it off with the cheddar cheese.
15. Roll the pastry long ways and wet the edges at the ends to create a seal.
16. Wrap the pastry log in plastic wrap.
17. Put the pastry log in the freezer for 10-15 minutes so that it is firm and easy to slice.
18. Remove the plastic wrap and cut the log into one centimetre slices.
19. Lay the slices out on a tray lined with baking paper. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes. You can tell when they’re done when the pastry is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
20. Place on a rack to cool.
Best served while hot.